Traces of ancient occupation have been found near Saint-Just, while the cross at Saint-Pierre d'Obilion is the only evidence of the eponymous village, which has now disappeared.

Today, apple growing is omnipresent on this fertile plain.

It's also the starting point for hikes to the Etang de l'Or and the Petite Camargue marshes.

Enlarge the picture

Enlarge the picture

Particularly fond of Camargue traditions, Saint-Just saw its first bulls in 1891 for the local festival. Abrivado, bandido... continue to punctuate the life of this Petite Camargue village.

Official town hall website: